Radetec Diagnostics’ BioStriperTM is a dispensing system to precisely dispense liquid reagents in lines onto nitrocellulose membranes for the production Lateral Flow Assays (LFA), immunoblots and paper-based fluidic applications. BioStriperTM uses a positive displacement pumps synchronised with a precision dispensing system to develop a uniform stream of reagent. The dispensing system is moved over the membrane, resulting in a fine line of reagent on the membrane with an uniform reagent density. Because the dispensing system is flexible, no significant mechanical stress is applied to the membrane during this process. The BioStriperTM can be connected to computer via USB port, where the operator can easily vary the dispense rate by entering the desired value (in μL/cm).
The BioStriperTM is available in two versions, Basic and Ultimate. The basic version is an economical liquid dispensing system that allows everyone to do research on lateral flow assays and develop their own tests. This machine is particularly suited for R&D laboratories and start-ups, where fast prototyping times, low costs and small consumption of reagents are important. The Ultimate version (currently available only on pre-order) has customisable features, a more precise control over the line width, and is suitable to print more viscous solutions.
Features of the printer:
- Mechanism of printing: contact printing.
- Reproducible, well defined test lines.
- Dispense colloidal or viscous solutions.
- Easy adjustment of the tip to control the position and the distance of the tip from the membrane.
- Interchangeable and low-cost dispensing system.
- No syringe required to load the antibody solution, minimising dead volume and loss of reagents. Only the required volume is loaded directly into the tubing.
- The tubing can be easily replaced, minimising the risk of cross-contamination when printing different antibodies.
- Ideal to print membranes up to 30 cm, using only about 20 uL of solution.
- Software interface to set the printing speed (in μL/cm) and turn on/off the printing.
- Control over the line thickness (Ultimate only).
Watch BioStriperTM in action: