The LFA Starter Kit contains all the essential components and reagents for the development and early stage optimization of your lateral flow tests in your own laboratory. The LFA Starter Kit saves your time and money, by eliminating the need of dealing with multiple vendors and large orders – common when ordering membranes and surfactants. The LFA Starter Kit is ideal to test lateral flow, flow-through and paper-based fluidics assays. Learn more about these technologies in our Learning Centre. The Basic version of the Starter Kit includes the following:
- 90 nitrocellulose strips (with backing), medium flow rate, 4 mm width.
- 90 sample pads.
- 90 conjugate pads of 2 different types.
- 90 absorbent pads.
- 10 resealable foil pouches.
- 6 mL of 3 different surfactants (2 mL each), to prepare your own buffers.
- 10 mL of 1 blocking buffer (dry powder).
- 100 mL of 2 different running buffers (dry powder to make 50 mL each).
The LFA Starter Kit – Fluorescence includes all the components of the Basic version, plus red-emitting EasyConjTM quantum dots to be used as fluorescent labels, enough to conjugate 0.1 mg of antibody.
The LFA Starter Kit – Colourimetric includes all the components of the Basic version, plus 50 nm gold nanoparticles to be used as fluorescent labels, enough to conjugate 0.1 mg of antibody.
NOTE: the kit can be provided in two versions:
- Pre-assembled strips
- Separated components (pads and membrane)
Please specify the version you prefer at the time of ordering.